Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif's 37-member federal cabinet, which includes 31 federal and three state ministers and three advisers to the prime minister, took the oath of the office at a ceremony held at the President's House on Tuesday.
Senate Chairman Sadiq Sanjrani administered the oath of office to the members after President Arif Alvi excused himself from performing the duties due to health issues. Newly sworn-in PM Shehbaz Sharif was by his side.
The ceremony commenced with the national anthem. This was followed by recitation of verses from the Holy Quran. The cabinet members then rose to take the oath of office.
According to the list issued by the Cabinet Division, PML-N got 14 ministries, PPP (09), JUI (4), MQM-P (2), and JWP and BAP have got one ministry each.
From PML-N, Khawaja Asif, Ahsan Iqbal, Rana Sanaullah, Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, Rana Tanveer Hussain, Khurram Dastgir, Marriyum Aurangzeb, Khawaja Saad Rafique, Miftah Ismail, Javed Latif, Riaz Hussain Peerzada, Murtaza Javed Abbasi, and Azam Nazeer Tarrar became part of the cabinet.
Moreover, Syed Khursheed Shah, Naveed Qamar, Sherry Rehman, Abdul Qadir Patel, Shazia Marri, Syed Murtaza Mahmood, Sajid Hussain Turi, Ahsaanur Rehman Mazari, and Abid Hussain joined the cabinet from PPP side.
Furthermore, Asad Mahmood, Abdul Waseeh, Mufti Abdul Shakoor, and Talha Mahmood from the JUI and Syed Aminul Haque and Faisal Sabzwari from MQM-P became part of the federal cabinet.
In addition to this, BAP’s Israr Tareen, JWP’s Shahzain Bugti, and PML-Q’ Tariq Bashir Cheema also took the oath of office as federal ministers.
Similarly, PML-N’s Aisha Ghous Pasha, PPP’s Hina Rabbani Khar, and PML-N’s Abdul Rehman Kanju took oath as state ministers.
Moreover, PPP’s Qamar Zaman Qaira, PML-N’s Amir Muqam and Jehangir Tareen group leader Awn Chaudhry were appointed as advisers to the prime minister.
- Interior ministry – PML-N’s Rana Sanaullah
- Defence ministry – PML-N’s Khawaja Asif
- Finance ministry – PML-N’s Miftah Ismail
- Information ministry – PML-N’s Marriyum Aurangzeb
- Water resources ministry – PPP’s Khursheed Shah
- Climate change ministry – PPP’s Sherry Rehman
- Trade ministry – PPP’s Naveed Qamar
- Industries and production ministry – PPP’s Murtaza Mahmood
- Communications ministry – JUI’s Asad Mahmood
- Planning and development ministry – PML-N’s Ahsan Iqbal
- Law and justice ministry – PML-N’s Azam Nazeer Tarrar
- National Health ministry – PPP’s Qadir Patel
- Defence production ministry – BAP’s Israr Tareen
- Narcotics control ministry – JWP’s Shahzain Bugti
- Information technology ministry – MQM-P’s Aminul Haque
- Maritime affairs ministry – MQM-P’s Faisal Sabzwari
- Religious affairs ministry – JUI’s Mufti Abdul Shakur
- SAFRON ministry – JUI’s Talha Mahmood
- Revenue and finance state ministry – PML-N’s Ayesha Ghous Pasha
- Foreign affairs state ministry – PPP’s Hina Rabbani Khar
- Adviser to the PM on Kashmir Affairs – PPP’s Qamar Zaman Qaira